How to make Cannabis-infused butter
by Kyle Hall on Nov 01, 2022
There are a few methods for infusing cannabis into butter, but the most common and effective method is to use a double boiler. This method will take a bit longer than some of the others, but it will produce a potent and effective product.
What You’ll Need:
-1 cup of unsalted butter
-1 cup of water
-1 ounce of cannabis (decarboxylated)
1. Begin by melting the butter in the top of a double boiler over medium heat.
2. Once the butter has melted, add the water and cannabis.
3. Stir the mixture gently and allow it to simmer for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. After 3-4 hours, remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
5. Line a strainer with cheesecloth and place it over a bowl.
6. Pour the mixture through the strainer to remove the solid cannabis material.
7. Once all of the butter has been strained, transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator.
Your cannabis-infused butter is now ready to use in any recipe that calls for butter! Just keep in mind that it will be much more potent than regular butter, so use it accordingly.